Alicia M. Mier
B. A. Professional Studies – Marketing and Advertising focus
Winona State University, Winona, MN
- Member of the Winona State chapter of AdFed
- Coursework in copywriting, advertising design, integrated marketing communications, international marketing, media law, photography, graphic design, and studio art (drawing, painting, 3D and 2D)
- Proficient in the following software programs: Microsoft Office, ACT!, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, RedDot, and Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge
- Strongest assets (based on Gallup’s Strength Finder 2.0): maximizer, ideational, adaptable, disciplined, and empathetic.
PIER 39 02/12 to Present
Partnership Marketing Specialist
- Coordinate annual Fleet Week VIP Party including but not limited to securing permits, communication with all vendors, manage staff of employees and volunteers, coordinate with production company on logistics, manage sponsor onsite presence, produce and disseminate proposals and event recaps, coordinate with in-house facilities teams and pitching potential clients
- Manage internship program including but not limited to interviewing candidates, hiring, scheduling, coordinating, training and supervising
- Design and produce corporate sponsorship proposals and annual sponsor recap reports
- Handle sponsors on‐site presence during PIER 39 events including greeting, providing welcome packages, photographing sponsor set‐up, and taking notes to include in sponsor recaps
- Manage office activities including mass mailings, welcome packages, office supply ordering, taking inventory, stocking, and organizing.
- Coordinate meetings and conference calls and manage daily calendar for the Vice President, Strategic Alliances
Winona State University 09/09 to 08/11
Foundation Department Student Assistant
- Provided administrative support for Foundation Directors and Assistants.
- Collaborated with the Foundation Assistant to coordinate and plan major donor events;
- Arrange for venue, catering, volunteers, gifts/prizes, music, and interior designers.
- Events included Benefactor Recognition Dinner, Scholarship Breakfast, Trustee Meetings, the All University Campaign, and VIP accommodations for athletic events.
- Recorded actions, media, notes, gifts, and prospect information into the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Documented gifts to the University for internal audit review and reconciliation.
- Created and maintained the Foundation’s web pages utilizing the RedDot CMS software.
- Created design and layout work for donor forms and promotional material.
- Established and maintained student schedules and project calendars.
- Volunteer for WISE (Women in Sports and Events). Send e‐vites to notify members and prospective members of upcoming WISE events. Manage and coordinate attendee list.
- 2012 Communications and Publicity Chair for Northwoods Bowmen’s Club archery organization. Create, implement and manage northwoodsbowmensclub.org, manage email database for Northwoods members, send email correspondence on behalf of the Club or other board members.
- Marketing internship with PIER 39. Assisted the marketing department with coupon redemption tracking, interviewing PIER 39 tenants for the e‐newsletter, developing tweets, lead follow‐up, and event support.
- Created design work for the City of Winona for their Earth Day concert. Included in the creative process: writing the creative brief, several design drafts, presentation to the city, follow up contact, and the creation of additional collaborative pieces.
- Worked in a small group to devise an integrated marketing communications plan informing current Pine Island, Minnesota business owners of the growth opportunities the new biotechnology park will offer.